Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh sunrise
The smog was so thick we could hardly see the city at all.

Motorbikes seem to be the most common mode of transport and there seems to be nothing they won't carry on one. This is a double mattress but I wasn't quick enough to snap the fridge or doors.




Some local artists

This lady is making a duck eggshell painting, they smash the eggshell into tiny bits and arrange it to form the picture. It then gets lacquered and polished. The finished product is beautiful.
This is a mother of pearl picture

Another artist
An arrangement at the markets

3 comments:

  1. Before I forget I love that onion at the end! How pretty! Your pictures are wonderful and bring me into the city streets! Can you imagine moving using a bike? The sunset on the river was gorgeous too! You did a wonderful job and thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've taken some beautiful sunrise photos. It seems so peaceful compared to the crowds in the city. I love the mattress/motorbike photo.

    I, too, love how your photos bring me into the city with you. The artwork you saw was amazing.

    ReplyDelete