Monday, May 9, 2011

March 19 - 25 of 365

Frangi 78 / 365
This is a filler for yesterday. We had a lovely day with the rellies!


Butterfly on hibiscus 79 / 365
I thought it was pretty neat that this lady obligingly landed on a red hibiscus for me.

Come on then! 80 / 365
The roos come up to our back fence and some are so used to people that they don't jump away unless we get quite close. They always like to sit on the rocks for a bit of extra height.

The grass is always greener 81 / 365
I kinda liked the line of the grass across the shot. The droplet on the left has a nice sky reflection although a bit hard to see. And the little sunflare took my eye also but it's probably a bit too monotone?
I was flat on my belly for this, that must count for some kind of exercise?

Chives Part IV 82 / 365
This is the last of the chives story.

Blowin' in the wind 83 / 365
This looks better magnified I think?

Nature's parasol 84 / 365
Can you just imagine a butterfly using one of these? A beetle or caterpillar?

5 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous photos! That top flower is just perfect. What is it's name? I don't think we have them here. That grass is perfect with the droplets on it. How close were you? It's amazing how different the butterfly and Blowin in the Wind look when you enlarge them. you really see detail that you don't at this size. You just blow me away with your macros girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a frangipani Viv. It's a tropical tree. Comes in all sorts of colours, they're beautiful.
    I would have just been maybe a foot away from the grass I think.

    Thank you so much for the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos once again, Sheralee. Ok, lying in the grass is sort of exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lesley, I have to get down there... and then I have to get up again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sheralee... you really have the most beautiful perspectives in all your photographs. I love the parasols, and the blowing in the wind is very appealing to me too... well all of them are appealing in their own way.

    ReplyDelete