Wednesday, May 25, 2011

April 2 - 8 of 365

Fairy Princess 92 / 365
We have our own little fairy princess that grants wishes with the touch of a heliconia flower?! Today Amelia was flowergirl for her one of her mummy's best friends. I had the honour of making her little outfit.

Orange Bush-Brown Butterfly (Mycalesis terminus) 93 / 365
I thought this was a moth. It's smaller than a regular butterfly. I have been trying to catch one of these with it's wings open. They are a really pretty orange but the pattern on the outside is gorgeous too. She's sitting on a Dianella leaf.

Orange Bush-Brown Part II 94 / 365
I made an effort to catch yesterday's butterfly with it's wings open to show the pretty detail and colour. They seem to be everywhere in my garden at the moment.

Hibiscus Starburst 95 / 365
My pink hibiscus looking very... pink :)

Diamonds in the Rough 96 / 365
Silver Orb Spider - Leucauge granulata (L. dromedaria). Also known as Silver Camel Spider. They are quite pretty spiders but the glistening web won out on this day.

Crumpet anyone? 97 / 365
This is a filler. I'm in Brisbane at Chel's house.
I thought the texture was a bit similar to a crumpet? Mmmm... you could be right, nothin' like a crumpet :)

Wheeee! 98 / 365
Meels was having lots of fun on the swing today.

5 comments:

  1. Love all of these but the ones of Meels are just so sweet and precious! How do you get the staments on your hibiscus to look like this? And what do you do to make that fungus look so perfect? The texture is just popping off the page! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viv, the hibiscus is shot from the end of the stamens looking into the centre of the flower. I used an aperture of f4 but I was really close so only had a very shallow depth of field.

    With the fungi I increased the clarity a bit but that's all. The aperture was f2.8 but I was further away so had a bit deeper depth of field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous. Thanks for the settings, I'm going to go out and practise. But, I still don't know how you get to photograph butterflies!!!! I love the one of Amelia in the swing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and your spider must have come for a visit to my place!! I had never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, the butterflies are just lucky shots usually after taking many others. If you are interested in the settings of different shots you can go onto 365 and click on exif info and see anyone's settings on their photo. This is a link to mine http://365project.org/bella_ss/365

    ReplyDelete