Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jan 15 - 21 of 365

Jan 15 - Taking time out
Don't you love it when you have time to just watch the waves?
We went for a walk on Pallarenda Beach, Townsville. The cool sea breeze was so nice as the day was quite hot and humid.

Jan 16 - Jack Spratt Weed
I have no idea what this little fellow is really called but he's a weed with a tiny yellow flower. We would pick it, say "Jack Spratt, come tip your hat" then flick the head of the flower off with our thumb.
I was so amazed when I took this photo. There was some side/back lighting from the sun and this is what I got. I love it!

Jan 17 - On top of the world
I took this a couple of days ago. It's a ripe wild passionfruit. These cute little guys were all over them. Once I got close they would turn away.

Jan 18 - Candles
These were a gift so I thought I would take a photo.

Jan 19 - Another Day in the Pond
I had another waterlily in my pond, I just couldn't resist it! I caught it as it was just opening. I wish I was more creative...

Jan 20 - And again
Same pond, same waterlily, different perspective. You can see how sad my pond really is and why it's a celebration when there's a waterlily in it.
I was walking by and caught the reflection of the clouds and really liked it.


Jan 21 - Bursting at the seams
The flower bud of my garlic chives is about to burst open to reveal lots of tiny white flowers

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!
    Wow, Wow, Wow! or is that EOE! EOE! EOE!

    Your beach shot is beautiful with that gull. The second one is dandelion isn't it? They go from yellow to white. You've captured it so beautifully here!

    The water lily is so perfect and your pond reflection is outstanding! I don't know why you said you're not creative!

    I also love the pod about to open. Hope you take a picture of it when it's open so we can see what type of flower is hidden in there.

    Those bugs are interesting. How far away do you get with your macro? Your candles are also very pretty. Love how you've lined them up and blurred them out. Keep posting your 365, they are magnificient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Viv!

    The little flower isn't a Dandelion, it's much smaller and Dandelions are much prettier.

    I was amazed by the reflection, that photo is pretty much as I saw it.

    I do get pretty close for the macro shots. Maybe a few inches away? I'll have to take notice next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheralee, these are stunning! Beautiful work. I love each and every one of them and the stories that go with them. That pond reflection is something else. Really gorgeous!

    And the Jack Sprat flower is really cool how it's so well lit and the background is so dark. I'd be curious how to achieve that myself sometime.

    I looked more at the 365 photos site you directed us to for the frog and I really LOVE your ferris wheel flower photo. So amazing!

    But I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for you nice words Kim :)

    I had the flower in the full sun (backlit) and the garden in the background wasn't getting any sun on it so it was the dark background, I just didn't realise it would turn out that dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful, Sheralee. I must check up on your blog more often. The Camerahouse comp this week is "Travel". You must enter some of your photos!!!! Oh I so love the macro photos you gals are taking!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete